Joe Clay | Aug 26, 2016
This is another quick tips video that explains a lot of common mistakes that new animators make. While we're normally geared to advanced users, I haven't seen a tutorial highlighting most of these concepts for new people.
Timecode for the beginning of each of the ten points is as follows:
- 0:15 - One second is a long time
- 0:47 - Use easing
- 1:49 - Use motion blur sparingly
- 2:27 - Not everything needs a fade
- 3:15 - Name everything/use labels
- 3:41 - Precompose
- 4:40 - Don't put tutorials in your reel
- 5:43 - Visual Garbage
- 6:10 - Learn expressions
- 7:27 - Play around
If you know any new animators, pass this on. Thanks for watching!